to the official website for the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - South Dakota (ASCLS-SD). ASCLS-SD is a
constituent society of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science and joins Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin
in making up ASCLS Region V.
ASCLS-SD being a constituent society of the
American Society for Clinical
the mission of ASCLS for our South Dakota ASCLS members,
laboratory services and the resources we provide to the public.
ASCLS Beliefs, Values, and Mission
Adopted by the House of Delegates July 2011
- Quality laboratory service is essential to quality health care.
- Competent, credentialed, laboratory professionals are the foundation to quality laboratory medicine.
- Everyone deserves access to safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered health care, and
- Advancing the laboratory profession advances health care.
- Ensuring safe, accurate, efficient,
appropriate and cost effective laboratory services is a component of quality
- Defining the characteristics
of competent personnel within the profession and providing professional development opportunities so that practitioners can
maintain competency are essential roles of a professional association
- Enabling laboratory professionals
to function at their highest level of competence will contribute to cost effective health care
diversity supports the delivery of quality laboratory service
- Taking a leadership role in standard
and policy setting is a core professional responsibility
- Advocating for quality within the laboratory
is essential to the assurance of quality health care delivery
The mission of ASCLS is to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure excellence in
the practice of laboratory medicine.
ASCLS-SD Premier Sponsors
ASCLS-SD salutes and thanks our premier partners!Visit their websites often by clicking their logo below to see the excellent
offerings they have for laboratories and laboratory professionals.
Important Note: Some of information and
documents on our web page require the use of Acrobat reader. If you need to add or update your version of this software, click
on the link below.