- Quality laboratory service is essential to quality health
- Competent, credentialed, laboratory
professionals are the foundation to quality laboratory medicine.
- Everyone deserves access to safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered health care,
- Advancing the laboratory profession
advances health care.
- Ensuring safe,
accurate, efficient, appropriate and cost effective laboratory services is a component of quality
- Defining the characteristics of competent personnel within the profession
and providing professional development opportunities so that practitioners can maintain competency are essential roles of
a professional association
- Enabling laboratory
professionals to function at their highest level of competence will contribute to cost effective health care
- Promoting diversity supports the delivery of quality
- Taking a leadership
role in standard and policy setting is a core professional responsibility
- Advocating for quality within the laboratory is essential to the assurance of quality health care delivery
The mission of ASCLS is to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure
excellence in the practice of laboratory medicine.